Student Chapter Leadership Award
Type of Award:
The rationale for this award is to recognize a forestry student in Mississippi who exemplifies the leadership capabilities desired in future forestry professionals.
Criteria for the Award:
- The student must be enrolled as an undergraduate in the forestry program at Mississippi State University, have at least a junior standing, and be a SAF Student Chapter member.
- The student must have a minimum of a 2.50 grade point average.
- The student must display leadership in activities relating to the Department of Forestry at Mississippi State University, the College of Forest Resources at Mississippi State University, the Society of American Foresters Student Chapter at Mississippi State University, and/or other relevant organizations or activities (e.g., Loblolly Chapter affiliation, MSU organizations or clubs).
- The student must display a proven record of activity and/or bestowed honors, preferably in relation to the field of forestry or their academic pursuits.
Each student nominated will submit:
- a letter of nomination,
- an additional letter of recommendation, and
- a resume.
Please have materials submitted by December 15 to:
Dr. Steve Grado
Dept. of Forestry
Mississippi State University, MS 39762
The award will consist of an engraved plaque and an honorarium. The student is encouraged to attend the MSAF annual meeting to receive the award.