Mississippi's Outstanding Young Forester Award
Type of Award:
This is an award by the Mississippi Society, SAF, to be presented at the annual meeting of the Society each year. It is not mandatory that an award be made annually. Judges may decide by majority to forego an award in any given year.
- To give official recognition for professional achievements in forestry by young people just beginning their careers.
- To encourage achievement by other young foresters.
- To increase public knowledge of the caliber of professional achievement by young forestry professionals.
- Awards will be limited to members of the Mississippi Society who have not passed their 40th birthday.
Procedures for Selection:
- The Society Awards Committee will be responsible for securing nominations of this award.
- Chapter Chairs will be asked to solicit and forward nominations from their members to the Society Chair.
- Nominations will be forwarded to the Society Chair not later than October 15. Each nomination will be accompanied by a biographical sketch of not more than 300 words outlining the nominee's participation in SAF work, professional achievement, and community activities. Each nomination will indicate initiating party or parties.
- Nominations and biographical sketches will be forwarded to the Society Chair in a sealed envelope marked "Nomination for Outstanding Young Forester Award."
- Society judges will evaluate all nominees not later than November 15, giving the name of the top nominee to the Business Manager.
Click here for a nomination form.