The Mission of the Society of American Foresters is to:
- advance the science, education, technology, and practice of forestry;
- enhance the competency of its members;
- establish professional excellence; and
- use the knowledge, skills, and conservation ethic of the profession to ensure the continued health and use of forest ecosystems and the present and future availability of forest resources to benefit society.
MS-SAF Position Statements:
- A Professional State Forestry Agency
- Estate Taxes
- Fire Management
- Forest-based Economic Development
- Herbicide Use in Forest Management
- Longleaf Restoration and Management
- Mississippi Institute for Forest Inventory
- Multiple Use Management of Forestlands
- Private Property Rights
- Harvesting and Forest Health on Mississippi National Forest
- Registration of Mississippi Foresters
- Sixteenth Section Forestland Management
- The Need for Hardwood Forest Management Research
- Timber Severence Tax
Position Statements of the National SAF Organization
To request a copy of "A Professional View of Forestry Issues in Mississippi," email Les Shelby
The Mississippi Society of American Foresters (MS SAF) supports the restoration and maintenance of longleaf pine on appropriate sites in the Gulf Coastal Plain of Mississippi.
The December issue of the Magnolia Forester is now available on-line.